Job Announcement: October 13, 2018
Application Due Date: October 29, 2018
Application Submission Requirements:Please no phone calls. Must meet application requirements found in job description.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to:
Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank
179 1st Ave SE
Issaquah, WA 98027
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you the type of person who creates a sense of community and belonging wherever you go? Do you take it upon yourself to organize events and gatherings, leaving your family, friends, or coworkers wondering how you do everything so well? Our thriving nonprofit is looking for a compassionate, motivated, and organized team member who has a passion for volunteerism. Our organization is filled with heart, hope, and comfort for those we serve and all who partner with us in this work. We are passionate about our mission to meet our community members’ basic needs and have many volunteers who have committed 15-plus years of service or more to our cause. Our organization and volunteers are filled with positive energy and endless potential. The essential role of the Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank Volunteer Coordinator includes oversight of all aspects of our volunteer program, specifically:
- Recruitment via multiple channels (including, but not limited to, email, telephone, and public outreach and networking events)
- Scheduling of multiple and simultaneous programs, reporting, regular communications, recognition and program development
- Relationship-building and stewardship of existing corporate partners and volunteer base
We utilize up to 200-250 volunteers a week and had almost 1,000 different volunteers work with us last year. Candidates must have strong leadership, communication, organizational, customer-service, recruitment and relationship-building skills. The pay rate is $18.50 per hour and is benefits eligible. Position is under the day-to-day supervision of the Food & Clothing Bank Manager.
Plans, develops, and implements volunteer recruitment strategies, communications, leadership, trainings, and overall volunteer stewardship, support, and management. Will work closely with co-workers, board members, and management team in building and leading multiple volunteer teams.
- Develops and implements volunteer programs in support of all Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank services and programs.
- Recruits volunteers, ensures sufficient staffing for support work, events and board committees, and recommends assignments that will make the best use of individual talents.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for potential new volunteers, conducts regular volunteer orientations, and schedules appointments.
- Develops training programs for volunteers and staff who use volunteers.
- Serves on task forces and committees related to volunteerism.
- Promotes public awareness of gift giving to the Food & Clothing Bank, as well as its needs for volunteers, by such means as social media, public speaking, and representation at community events.
- Maintains volunteer time records, applications, volunteer roster and email lists.
- Maintains volunteer and corporate partner database and actively manages relationships with both to encourage deeper engagement.
- Supports Executive Director and Development Director with planning, organization, and implementation of volunteer recognition events and activities as well as other marketing and communications tasks as needed.
- Develops and maintains volunteer job descriptions, training manuals, orientation procedures and maintains updates.
- Leads volunteer meetings and maintains communications with all volunteers, including producing a quarterly e-newsletter.
- Ensures periodic evaluation of volunteer performance and volunteer program.
- Maintains a clean, welcoming, and fully-equipped volunteer check-in area and break room.
- Paid time off
- Health care plan
- Simple IRA plan
Associate or Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of two years of experience in volunteer supervision or management or any combination of experience, education and/or training that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Strong understanding, knowledge, and leadership of all aspects of volunteer program management is a must.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable of principles, techniques, tools, and media used in recruiting volunteers and promoting volunteerism.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher, social media, website maintenance and updates.
- Experience with contact management systems (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Manage staffing level of multiple, simultaneous volunteers, ranging from daily food and clothing bank tasks to seasonal events and programs.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, clients, and the general public.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of volunteers.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish effective working relationships with volunteers, employees and general public.
- Maintain client and volunteer confidentiality.
- Manage conflict.
- Succeed in busy, fast-paced environment that can be stressful and noisy.
- Ability to be flexible and problem-solve quickly.